Best Startup Website Builders in 2023
|Best Startup Website Builders|
BEST WEBSITE BUILDER OVERALL
In this review, we'll compare the features, pros and cons, and costs of the top startup website builders of 2023 to see which is the best website builder when forming a startup or small business.
- GoDaddy - Best Website Builder Overall
- Zyro - Best For Startups on a Budget
- Wix - Best For Creative Startups
- Shopify - Best For Ecommerce Startups
- WordPress - Best For Tech Startups
In terms of simple and straightforward design, GoDaddy is the overall best website builder for startups. This builder has an extensive suite of features to help most any business grow and scale alongside its professional website. Plans for GoDaddy start at $6.99 per month and come with 24/7 customer support.
Get to know each of the best choices for startup website builders below. By the end of our comparison, you’ll be able to choose which website builder is best for you and your company.
Best Startup Website Builder: GoDaddy
With a simple interface and intuitive design, GoDaddy is extremely simple for any startup or business owner looking to build a website without overpaying or overcomplicating things. TRUiC readers receive a discount on any GoDaddy plan of their choice by clicking the button below.
1. GoDaddy - Best Website Builder Overall
The GoDaddy interface is simple and easy to use, so much so that you can build a website in a matter of minutes. The GoDaddy builder uses artificial intelligence (AI) tools to automatically create your website, complete with your business name and information. From here, all you have to do is enter the final details, upload some photos, and publish your website.
We’ve selected GoDaddy as the best startup website builder and highlight recommend choosing them to start your business site for the following reasons:
- All plans come with security, analytics, and 24/7 support.
- GoDaddy is easy to use, even for beginners.
- Excellent scheduling features for setting appointments and receiving payments.
- Access to social media and marketing tools, SEO tools, and more.
If you’re looking for an affordable and valuable website building platform, GoDaddy is best for you!
2. Zyro - Best For Startups on a Budget
While they don’t offer as many templates as GoDaddy, Zyro boasts a ton of features at an excellent price point. These incredible features include:
- A user-friendly editor dashboard, great for beginners or experts.
- Even though you can get started for free, Zyro is still one of the most affordable platforms for paid plans.
- Zyro utilizes tons of AI tools to help you add functionality to your website.
- Along with its highly responsive customer service, Zyro offers plenty of video tutorials and easy access to website-building information.
If you’re a small business owner who needs to build a website but has little to no online experience, Zyro is an excellent choice. Zyro paid plans start at $2.90 per month.
3. Wix - Best For Creative Startups
If you or your business leans into the creative field, Wix will help you design your startup website the way you want, without having to learn to code. Even if you’re in a more technical field, Wix offers these helpful features designed to aid most any business venture:
- Helpful market analysis tools, inventory management tools, and more.
- Plenty of storage space for audio, video, images, whatever your website needs.
- Scheduling and secure transaction features, plus 24/7 customer support.
Whether you’re looking to create a website for your online store, or need a great builder to help you showcase your portfolio, Wix is a great choice for many small businesses and startups. Wix is an attractive platform with professional plans starting at $14/mo.
4. Shopify - Best For Ecommerce Startups
Shopify is one of the most popular choices for ecommerce businesses of all sizes. Being solely focused on being an ecommerce platform, Shopify includes all the tools you need to get an online store up and running. Some of these unique ecommerce features include:
- Store customization and analytics tools.
- Specially trained customer support and advanced security protocols.
- Unlimited storage for unlimited products.
- The ability to connect and sell across social media platforms, create blog posts, and more.
Shopify plans start at $29 per month, but there are several different plans and tiers of service to meet a variety of budgets. If you’re planning to build an ecommerce website, seriously consider using the Shopify platform.
5. WordPress - Best For Tech Startups
As a content management system (CMS), WordPress isn’t technically a website builder, but there are a number of tools that can provide a drag-and-drop experience. That being said, WordPress does have the steepest learning curve among all the website builders on this list. For this reason, we recommend choosing WordPress if you’re technically savvy and want complete control over your site.
There are some other limitations to WordPress. For starters, you will need to find a reliable web host to be able to publish your website. Then, some of the premium themes and plugins can come at quite a steep cost. However, outside of these, WordPress allows you to create and scale your website to your exact specifications.
Recommended Web Host: Bluehost
Among many other benefits, here are some key features for why a tech-based startup might want to choose WordPress:
- WordPress users have access to thousands of plugins and themes to help customize any site and add functionality.
- The WordPress platform offers integrations with WooCommerce, Shopify, HubSpot, and many other popular business management and growth services.
- WordPress itself is free, but you’ll have to purchase your domain name and web hosting package separately. We recommend Bluehost for both these services.
WordPress can be an ideal platform for a variety of small business owners with a technical background. Sites built on this platform have the potential to be fast, many themes are mobile-ready, and hosting plans through Bluehost start at just $2.95 per month.
Which Website Builder is Best?
At the end of the day, it's up to you to choose which website builder is right for your startup. Be sure to read our individual reviews for each website builder to get a better understanding of what comes with these platforms.
After extensive research, we definitely prefer GoDaddy. Between the low prices, included features, and ease of use, we think GoDaddy is a great choice for any entrepreneur looking looking to build a strong website. Plus, TRUiC readers receive an additional discount when they sign up for GoDaddy.